February 2, 2009

To the winners!


This post is dedicated to Parker and Kai, good friends and winners in the name-that-movie contest. See "comments" for the answer.

Their secret prize is this virtual beer. Pilsener, of course. It's the only beer here. I'm no expert, but it seems okay, provided it's served really cold.

I'm reminded of Turkey, another one-beer country. There you'll drink Efes Pilsener, which apparently gets its unique taste from rice added at the brewing stage. Its been described as having "a tangy malt and hops aroma, rich malt in the mouth, and a bitter-sweet finish that becomes dry and hoppy." Thanks, Wikipedia. Ecuador's Pilsener, meanwhile, "has a noticeable corn edge to the flavor and it reminds me very much of the flavor and feel of Miller High Life." In addition to being corny, Ecuador's beer of choice is a measly 4.2% beer, compared with Efes's 5.0% Sorry, boys.

two beers, please:
iki tane bira, lutfen
dos cervezas, por favor

2 comments:

  1. I don't speak Spanish, but I made my roommate play your little game...he guessed it - even before the last two lines.

    For some reason, ordering two beers seems familiar to me no matter what language it is in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cyber-buzzed!

    ReplyDelete

Yay for comments! Nothing mean please, and that means you, Anonymous.