October 2, 2009

"Smile, you're in Casablanca!"




Morocco is much more relaxed than I expected. In the airport at Casablanca, I looked at clothing and found short-sleeves, knee-length skirts, and leggings. This is nothing like Saudi Arabia. The sticker at the passport control booth told me to smile, so I did.

The next day, biking along the Pacfic, I saw the same variety of clothing. I also saw couples holding hands, girls laughing, and crowds of boys jumping in the water and too busy to bother their female counterparts. All these signs point to societal health.

Smile, you’re in Morocco! 

2 comments:

  1. yay, you made it!
    and you will definitely be a master of language navigation after this experience... holy crap.

    ReplyDelete

Yay for comments! Nothing mean please, and that means you, Anonymous.