March 30, 2009

Pet names and more


I confess I've been lazy. Half the reason I'm here is to learn Spanish, so it's time to download old Shakira tracks, to chat up the night watchman and the kid at the tienda, and to flip flashcards until those pesky irregular verbs stick to the roof of my brain (Sigh. I miss Turkish grammar). Progress reports to come, but for now, some recently acquired vocab.

mi amor
my love
mi peqeño my little one (possibly only used by me)
mi cariño my affection (ditto)
mi enamorado my lover
mi novio my boyfriend
besos kisses
Te amo I love you
Me quieres? Do you love/want me?
Cuanto? How much?
encontrar to meet
chismear to gossip
separarse to break up
retomar la relacion to get back together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments! Nothing mean please, and that means you, Anonymous.