March 12, 2009

Tiger what?



It's all fun and games and Jaws jokes until people go surfing in front of the university and spot a two-metre tiger shark. What the hell! Just yesterday I swam out to the boats and back. In fact, I had just finished reading Green Eggs and Ham to the two little German girls I'm tutoring with a "vamanos a la playa!" and we had rushed outside, them to swim and me to surf.

Instead, we stood on the rocks with the crowd and waited for another shark sighting. I caught a glimpse. Apparently it's the effect of the full moon, bringing weird tides and beasts. I don't know when safety returns exactly. This is an island--we have to swim! Maybe I'll just test the waters every morning with a baby sea lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments! Nothing mean please, and that means you, Anonymous.