June 25, 2009

Wednesday night


Here is a bottle of Caña Manabita. In it, is liquor made from cane sugar.

Last night, Jordan charged me $6 for one such bottle. Mas barato en San Cristobal, I grumbled. Yeah, well you aren't in San Cristobal anymore, he shot back, in Spanish, of course.

I bought the bottle and then, out of the blue, ran into three friends from the old island, who are here in Isabela with tourist work. There were four limes at home in the fridge, so only two things to do: make caipiriñas and find somewhere to drink them.

Caipiriña Recipe:
Caña

Sugar

Limes

Ice


We drank them at the flamingo pond behind my house. Four full-grown specimens wandered toward us in the dark, and I was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments! Nothing mean please, and that means you, Anonymous.