June 13, 2009

The best thing all day


The driver honked, so I turned around and smiled, assuming it was a friend. Not so. Instead I got the, ¨What the fuck?¨shrug, presumably because I cut him off on my bike. I gave him the, ¨What the fuck do you mean what the fuck?¨shrug. The briefest embarassment quivered in my brain, before giving over to an overwhelming sense of achievement. I caused road rage on Isabela!

Do you have any idea how hard that is? First you have to wait around for a vehicle. This could take hours depending on time of day, and I live on the main street. Then you have to get enough traction on the sand--no paved roads here--to actually get in front of someone as they try to corner. What, what!

1 comment:

  1. The Galapagos Islands are the most incredible living museum of evolutionary changes, with a huge variety of exotic species (birds, land animals, plants) and landscapes not seen anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Yay for comments! Nothing mean please, and that means you, Anonymous.