November 10, 2009

I want blood.


If you learn a language in the real world--on a bus, in a café, with a native speaker--you naturally get the important words: now, later, what, time, come, go, where, good, want, can, have to. The nature of the language classroom, on the other hand, is that you learn a bunch of useless stuff along the way. In Arabic, for example, in which I still don't 'food' or 'water,' I have already memorized the following garbage.

United Nations alumam almutahida
translator mutarjim
admissions alqubul
employee muathaf
lonely waheed
spacious wasa
breakfast futur
blood dam
river nahr
mouth fam

With which I can say:

My mouth is a translator at the United Nations. Fami mutarjim fi alumam almutahida.

The employee at the admissions office is lonely. Why? Because the office is really spacious. Almuathaf fi almaktab alqubul waheed. Limatha? Liana almaktab faghalan  wasa.

I want a river of blood at breakfast. Uridu anahr bidam fi futur.

1 comment:

  1. haahhaahahahahah :D

    what's your facebook? i couldn't find it with your email
    my email: perry7770@hotmail.co.uk

    this is the best blog i've read in ages

    ReplyDelete

Yay for comments! Nothing mean please, and that means you, Anonymous.